Wednesday, April 4, 2007

IDS Center, Minneapolis, 1970s



This is a sight that should be familiar to anyone from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area; it's the IDS Crystal Court. For those of you outside of the Twin Cities, you might remember this building as one of the opening shots from the "Mary Tyler Moore" show, although this photo is facing in the opposite direction.

I scanned this from a post card I purchased a few months ago, and as you can see, there is a little bit of damage in the center of the card. However, that doesn't stop you from seeing the Hallmark store and the Baskin-Robbins on the first floor. There also was a small Woolworth's in the building, but that of course has since closed, as have the Hallmark and Baskin-Robbins stores.

Fortunately, IDS hasn't been "remodeled" to the point of destruction like City Center.

I'd also add that to this point, I know I haven't really added anything from the traditional malls of the area. Unfortunately, I don't think many companies printed post cards of Rosedale or Burnsville Center, though I'll be happy to upload some more recent photos, once I have taken them.

Ryan

No comments: